The use of a visual tool for auditing standards implemented in Genba or even after a Kaizen event is extremely important.
Leadership Process auditing using Kamishibai boards is one of the easiest and most effective.
Although, there is no standard (which is good since you should always adjust to the organization and industry where you work) these are some things to consider.
- 1. Create a calendar of visits to the genba is recommended on a weekly basis.
- 2. Create a list of leaders or those responsible for conducting the audit.
- 3. Identify areas where the audit should be done, usually a letter or a nomenclature is placed in the Kamishibai card.
- 4. Kamishibai cards are basically; a compendium of points, to be verified in the areas that correspond. In other words, 5's, VSM, Standard Work, Pull System and mainly 8 wastes. Other special points can be added.
- 5. You should consider another signal (format or card) where the abnormality is written, in order to annex it to the Kamishibai, so that the person in charge of the area can correct this abnormality and there is evidence of it. (Normally this correction becomes Kaizen Blitz)
The discipline and involvement of the leaders responsible for conducting this audit is indispensable and mandatory.
In fact in many LMT in the part of Management Involvement (Culture) is a very relevant point, since it says much of the discipline.
Attached an excellent video, where in a few minutes give a very detailed explanation, also offer to share formats to be modified, to the needs of your organization.
Especial thanks to Kevin Potts for Share this video.